Friday, July 16, 2010

A short prologue

I cannot imagine how hard it is to become a distance learning student. And now this the prove. I have been a distance learning teacher for 17 years. From the use of simple supporting media to modern media like internet, I never feel to be a student like my students. But now I really feel it. I have joined a course in distance mode. I feel I cannot manage it. And I think the students must be well motivated to join the course and they must have not so much works. And the most important things is you are fit with the course. And I cannot imagine that my students who lives out of the town that there is no facility available. But this is myself and my institution's challenges to make them keeping learning whatever media they have. From now on I will pay attention to my distance students.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Djoko,

    I am very happy to see you get started with your blog! This was a good reflection to start off with. It will be very good to see you posting each week on your blog, and commenting on at least one other blog.

    Yours,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Djoko,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    You are correct in saying that Web-based distance learning presents challenges along with opportunities. As teachers in the digital age, we need to do our best to overcome the challenges and harness the opportunities presented by the web. As you aptly note, listening to our students' experiences with e-learning is a good way of gaining an appreciation for how to approach that task.

    Regards,
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Djoko

    I agree with you that students need to be motivated in order to be involved in the learning process. The motivation begins with the teacher otherwise students will not use e-learning as a learning platform. It is not easy to get them self-independent, self-directed, creative and responsible for their learning process;it is a challenging task. But as Azhar says, maybe we need to carry out a student needs analysis first.

    Best,
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete